Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

Jacob came home one day last week with an interesting project to do. In science, they have been talking about recycling and the effects of not recycling and so forth. They were given the project to take an item that many throw away and find a way to reuse it into something new. She suggested things like boxes, egg cartons, milk cartons, bottles, etc.

As I was reading over the assignment, I was trying to come with some ideas, figuring he may need help with an idea. Once I had a few in mind, I reminded him of his project, and he immediately knew what he wanted to do- needing no help from me! His idea was to cut up an egg carton to make toy footballs. I thought it was a great idea!



He cut out all 12 egg spaces and then taped them together with black electrical tape (the only kind we had strong enough to really hold them together) and then painted them with orange paint (the closest we had to brown...). I thought the end product turned out really good!



When I was in the school for Kenny's demonstration, there was a display of the projects the first graders had brought in. Many of the kids did a great job! I saw a (functioning!) kaleidoscope made from a paper towel roll. I also saw an egg carton used as a planter (which was one of my original ideas...) There were many unique ideas. Most of the kids did a great job- lots of creativity!

Also, as a side note....
This is my 200th post!!!! Yay!!!! (now...if only I can get that blog book done!!!)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Cool idea!!
FOr the blog book- they are having free shipping right now!!!!

Amandean said...

That's a great idea. Isn't it funny when they have ideas of their own? And I'm very impressed at the sheer numbers of your blog. I'm probably at like 30.

Kristin said...

Really cute. And way more precious since he thought of it himself.