Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Liar Liar Pants on Fire!!


See this sweet girl?
Don't let the Tinkerbell jammies and backpack and sweet smile fool you. Wait, maybe this picture is a little more appropriate:
I had no idea that a 3 year old would have the capacity to lie! At least not in a very blatant manner. For months now, she would do something and without hesitation, even if we KNEW it was Meghan, she would say "Elwie did that!" and try to blame her sister, Ellie.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I was visiting a friend the other day who has a 13 month old girl. Meghan pulled out a large basket of the little plastic balls, like would go in a ball pit, to play with. I told her very clearly, "Meghan, do not dump those balls everywhere! You may choose one or two balls to play with and that is it." Sure enough, right in front of me, a few minutes later, she deliberately dumped the entire basket of balls which then scatter all over the living room. I said, "Meghan! Why did you do that?!" Without hesitation, she pointed to the 13-month-old right next to her and said "The baby did that!!!"

Oh, we are in trouble! I really don't think my boys knew how to lie at this age! What is she going to be like when she is 16?! Better start praying now....

4 comments:

Breezi said...

no way... that is too funny.

I always know when Alli does it, because she is quiet when we ask who did it. hehehe.

Amandean said...

I told Luke the other day that if he lies, he will get soap in his mouth. So he lied a couple of days ago, and we told him he'd get soap in his mouth. Fortunately, Dean was there to wrestle it into his mouth. Honestly, it was less than the amount of Anbesol you use to numb a mouth sore. Hardly anything. But he was screaming bloody murder. And since then, if he says something I think may not be true, I remind him of the consequences and he promptly tells me the truth.

Lauri said...

Isn't motherhood fun?

Glad you had a good experience at Time Out for Women. Anytime I've gone, it's really given me a great boost!

Autumn said...

Oh my word-Ellie has let some slip recently and it worries me!