Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The little sneak....

So, last Sunday, we had a party with our family for Kenny's birthday as well as to celebrate our dads for Father's day. As usual, the day was a lot of fun. I didn't really take any pictures so there isn't much to post about other than it was a warm sunny day with family and kids in the kid pool, a slip n slide and good food. A truly good day. I love our families!

The story I would like to tell, however, takes place the day before this party. On Saturday, I had to go grocery shopping for our house as well as for this party. I was in the soda aisle planning on buying several 2-liters of soda. Then, I remembered that I had at least a few 2-liters in our basement left over from a previous event. I decided to use my cell to call Aaron to ask him what we had down there before I bought more. He went down to look and what did he find? This.....
Yes, you see correctly- two partial bottles of Cherry Coke. Our conversation centered on what could have happened to these bottles. Did they leak? No.... no mess on the floor. Did the boys get into them? Aaron asked the boys.... "Have one of you been drinking these???" At this point, Kenny grinned an ornery grin and licked his lips and says, "It was good!!!"

Great....good to know my 9 year old (who rarely gets soda and when he does, it is caffeine free...) who is being treated for ADHD, has been living it up on soda full of sugar and caffeine... Needless to say, we had a little talk with him.

As my sister pointed out- there is worse things he could have gotten into- like the liquor cabinet (which of course, we don't drink at all so don't have one). But, I guess she is right- it could be worse. It is worth the laugh I suppose!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Great story!! Love Cherry Coke- a perfect addition to food storage- if it's full, that is!!

Jenn said...

Hahaha, I love Kenny, he cracks me up! I had that happen in my house only it was a 3 and a half year old Mr Napalm and a huge Dr Pepper I left sitting on the counter... he finally went to sleep at 2:00am!

Autumn said...

Haha--too funny!

Sara Emily said...

He he! At least he's honest!

Michelle said...

That is too funny! I have heard that with kids who are ADD or ADHD that caffeine does the opposite effects..not sure if that is true or not..Kenny next time you have a secret stash let me know and I can help you finish it off!

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

That kid is awesome.
(I used to sneak things out of the basement storage too....)

Abbey said...

Thats funny, how did he sleep?