Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Great Shorts and Pony Tail Boycott of 2010

See this cutie....
(this is Meghan holding the beautiful "bouquet" that she picked....)

She has decided that....under no circumstances....will she wear shorts this summer. I do not know why! She will wear pants or dresses and that is IT. I have some shorts for her that are like little skirts (skorts) but she won't wear those either. Pants or dresses. If I try to put shorts on her, she will scream and throw a fit and run away. It isn't like others in the family don't wear shorts. I actually do not wear shorts for many reasons, but all of her siblings do and her dad does. It is a total mystery to me!

As if that wasn't crazy enough, she will NOT let me put any kind of pony tail in her hair. Late last summer, I had cut her hair waaaaaay short by accident and, though it ended up being adorable on her, I regretted not being able to style it in anyway. It is finally growing out and often hangs in her face, but again, she will kick and scream if I put a pony tail in. She runs away screaming "No pony tail!!!" If I do get one in successfully, she screams for a few minutes and then rips it out. Ellie has long curly hair and I grew her bangs out so I have to do her hair every day to keep it out of her face. I think she lets me because she is so used to it. I sometimes wonder what people think when Ellie's hair is all pretty and well done and Meghan's just hangs straight down. Aaron thinks I should cut it again since she won't let me style it, but I am so thrilled it is finally growing out, that I am not ready to chop it again (though a bang trim is definitely in her future!!!).

So, there is our "Nutmeg"- this is a story that just had to be recorded for posterity's sake!!!

5 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

Alli went through that phase too!! She would only wear SHINEY shoes, dresses, and refused to let me do her hair.
It'll pass soon enough. :D

Michelle said...

Geneva is going through the hair stage..her hair is so thin that if I can't get it pulled up it looks really bad and when I can get it pulled up she pulls it out! So I totally understand what you are going through! Good Luck and this too shall pass!

Amandean said...

Yeah, I just figured that you couldn't remember which was which so you cut their hair way differently ;) Keira, on the other hand, loves to have her hair done. That's probably because I don't do it much. She doesn't exactly hold still. So just stop trying and eventually she'll probably miss it. Or not, but that's not against the law.

Kelly said...

My girls are so particular too!! That is one of the reasons at that age I cut their hair!! Celeste just got hers done, and I love it on her- I was afraid because her long locks were so adorable- now I love it short- Leah now has the long hair- but she takes care of it herself and I love that!
Girls are just that way- and one day she will look back on this and laugh too- or you will cry- one way or the other!!
Ha ha

Autumn said...

Sooo funny!!!!!! Especially about the shorts!! Hilarious!! Maybe she just wants to be like you. :) Funny! Ellie is suuuuper particular about wardrobe issues and sometimes it drives me through the roof. I started acting like she was coming to a hair salon-I'm Marsha and Jake's Jimmy. It worked magically. Suddenly doing her hair wasn't as hard!