Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Who Needs Fame and Fortune.......


....when you have an audience like this!
My dad has played guitar since he was a teenager is very good. Once upon a time, before I was born, he played in a band back in the 60's and 70's. I have so many memories from growing up of listening to him play and singing along. I love to hear him play.

Due to health reasons, he doesn't play as often as he used to and we all miss it- him most of all I am sure. We all go to my parents house most Sundays for a large family dinner. This past Sunday, he pulled out his guitar and started playing for his grandkids. As you can see from the picture, he had their rapt attention! The picture shows Ellie and Jacob on the floor and Meghan on the couch (legs sticking out- couldn't fit her in) and my nephew Joey in the chair. Kenny and my niece Savanna were also nearby listening. He played and played and none of the kids moved. It was a great evening! I recorded a short video of it with my phone, but apparently recorded it upside down and can't figure out how to edit it to rotate it so I can't post it, but at least I got the picture.

He is an excellent Grandpa and my kids adore him! This just adds to the many fond memories they will have just like I do!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Love it!! As you know I too grew up in a musical house and will always remember my step-dad playing his guitar and singing. I think it's WONDERFUL that your kids get to enjoy it as much as you did (and still do).
Good, good memories!

Kelly said...

So fun!

everyday katie said...

I love that. What memories!