Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Friday, September 3, 2010

On this day in:

1189-Richard I (the Lion-Hearted) was crowned king of England at Westminster Abbey1777- The Stars and Stripes (aka Betsy Ross flag) flies for the first time in the Revolutionary War!

1783- The Treaty of Paris was signed-officially ending the Revolutionary War! That's huge!

1894- Labor Day first celebrated as a legal public holiday

1914- Pope Benedict XV named as pope.

1935- Sir Malcolm Campbell breaks the speed world record of over 300 MPH with his 2500 Horsepower Bluebird on the Bonneville Salt Flats of Utah

1939- Britain and France declare war on Germany

1967- Sweden changed to driving on the right side of the road instead of the left, to be in common with most of Europe. (Can you imagine the chaos??)

1967- the original version of the television game show “What’s My Line?” broadcast its final episode after more than 17 years on CBS.

1976- The US Spacecraft Viking 2 successfully landed on Mars!

1978- Pope John Paul I as the 264th Pope (September 3rd must be a popular day for new popes...)

1977- I WAS BORN!!!!!!!!
Me at 4 days with Dad and Mom


Me on my first Christmas in 1977- I still have this cow!

So, as anyone can plainly see, September 3rd is a very important day!!!

I love birthdays! It doesn't even matter to me that I am getting older- I still like them! I have been having a great day too! My family and friends make me feel very loved!

6 comments:

Sara Emily said...

ur so quirky! This was a fun post! Happy birthday my love!

Michelle said...

So did all the cool stuff stop happening after you were born?! Glad to know you like birthdays and it doesn't matter you are getting older..would you mind taking a few years off of me?! Hope your day continues to be awesome!

STUFFellaneous said...

Fun post. Happy Birthday!

Kelly said...

Hope Max and Erma's was awesome too!! Happy Birthday!

Moms Are Contagious said...

Happy Birthday!!!

everyday katie said...

What's funny is that I hadn't even seen this when I did my birthday post. I thought it was totally original...and really I was behind the times. You added pictures which was WAY better. Cute post...I obviously liked the idea.