Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Kidspeak

Enjoy another edition of crazy things that come out of my kids mouth....

September/October-Ellie has been obsessed/worried about aging and death in loved ones. She frequently would ask "How old are you/grandma/grandpa, etc" When told how old they were she would say "Oh! Does that mean you/he/she will die soon??"

-Also, I don't remember the date, but sometime in October, Ellie said "Can I be a princess? Can daddy be my king?" You already are, sweet girl!

9/15- On the way home from somewhere, I certain song came on the radio (I didn't record which song and I now forget...) Kenny said " I like this song. It makes me water my eyes some!"

9/29- Jacob has been blowing us away this year in school. He is in 2nd grade and is reading at an end of 3rd grade level! He gets spelling lists that are pretty easy for him, but there are also challenge words that are....well, a challenge! On this date, he had gotten a new list. One challenge word was "camouflage". He spelled it right the first time- with no practice! I told him most adults can't even spell that word (I originally spelled it wrong when first typing this!) Other hard words he mastered easily: ambitious, fortunate, catastrophe and more!

10/2- Kenny was watching a movie. Referring to a cartoon character playing the role of a mother, he said "She is so pretty! I wish she was MY mom!" gee...thanks....

11/14/10- For some odd reason, my girls have not been fans of spaghetti. But, the rest of us love it so we eat it often. On this day, Meghan said "Mom! Now I like soghetti!" Ellie promptly replied, no Meg, it is BA-sketti!" (gotta get that pronunciation right!)

11/14- we have been having some pipe repair done in our basement leaving a temporary big hole in the concrete floor. A wonderful guy at church, Russell, as been doing the work. On Sunday, he and his wife were sitting two rows behind us. Meghan turned around and saw him there and (during the meeting) says loudly- "Russell! Hi Russell!" I then try to tell her to be quiet and then she says very loudly "Russell! You have to fix our draim! (drain..)" That got laughter throughout half of the chapel.

(also, back in October, this same outspoken sweet child- we were in Kroger and the girls were riding along in the cart in the attached "kiddie car." We come up to a cart that was partially blocking the aisle but it didn't matter because I was stopping to look at something anyway. Meghan yelled out, "Hey! Could you please move out of the way?!" I apologized and told the woman she was fine and not in the way. They lady just laughed and said "no, that is okay, I will move- don't want to be in her way!")

11/15/10- Meghan (as usual) had eaten almost nothing of her dinner but was insisting she was full. I told her that she was too full then to eat the cookies I had made. She looked slightly surprised for a minute but then said "But mom, I have two fulls!!" (I took this to mean one stomach for dinner and one for dessert- so even if she was too full for more dinner, she could still have dessert! Ha!)


Stay tuned for more! Life here is never boring, that is for sure!

2 comments:

Sara Emily said...

He he! Love it!!! Jacob is a smart kid!

Amandean said...

I can't tell you how many times Luke has tried to pull that one.