Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Introducing: The Newest Member of our Family!

I recently realized that I have neglected to introduce you to the newest member of our family! Knurren (German for growl- the sound the car makes). Here he is:

Now, you may find it odd that I am showing a car- namely a VW Jetta wagon- and introducing it as part of our family. I find it odd too.... but to my husband, a VW nut, it is a valued member of the family. For a few years, we had this:A VW golf (named Matrix- due to the pattern on the seats- yes, my husband names his cars....). This was Aaron's baby for a long time. He would care for it, wash it, take pictures of it, brag about it online and adore it. Then one day, he saw an add on the online VW community he is a member of that the above wagon was for sale. He has always loved wagons. He got really excited and begged me to let him get it. Knowing we could not afford another car payment, I told him that if he wanted to wagon, that the following conditions must be met:

1) the golf had to go- we couldn't afford to keep it.
2) the money had to work out the same- owing the same or less then we already owed on his car.

He immediately put his car for sale on the same forum and it sold within a week. And, we owe a little less on the wagon did we did on the golf. So, a very excited Aaron went and picked up the wagon. I swear I could hear crying sounds coming from the golf. I mean, after all- he was Aaron's baby for so long and now he sat- rejected-replaced- alone.

When the golf's new owner came to pick him up, I swear the car looked sad as it was driven away.

This leaves me with a question in the back of my mind. With the way Aaron loved this car and then so quickly gave it up for something he deemed better- I can't help but wonder- should I be worried???

4 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

I'm so glad you finally posted this!

Welcome Knurren. You will be loved.

(Has Aaron camped in the new jetta yet... so they could have 'alone bonding time'?)

Kelly said...

Super sleek new wagon, I must say!! I think Aaron will have plenty of bonding time with her- glad it was an even swap- or even better!!

Jenn said...

Aaron cracks me up, mostly because if I let Jon follow through on his VW obsessions he would be the same way. (And don't worry on that last part, you're the best, there is no better!)

Autumn said...

Should I be worried-HAAAAAAA. You're funny. No you shouldn't. Its beautiful!!