Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

In the Blink of an Eye..... They Are 4!!!

4 years and 2 days ago- this was our new reality....

(Meghan and Ellen)
(I have posted this picture before but it is by far my favorite of the girls!)

And now they are 4!!! Their birthday was Tuesday. I like to post on the day of my kids birthdays but had a horrible headache for 3 days straight and am just now feeling normal again. Despite my headache though, I was determined to have a good day with the girls on their day! In the morning, the girls went to Abbey's house. (Abbey is a friend of mine and we do a "preschool" exchange together- we do it two days a week for 2 hours/day- one week at my house, the next week at hers). So, at Abbey's house, they were learning the letter "I" and in honor of their birthdays, they got to decorate cookies with "I"cing! After that, we met up with some friends at Chic-Fil-A for lunch. The girls LOVE to go there! (But we don't very often because it is too expensive- but thank you Amy for the gift card!!) After lunch, we went to the indoor aquatic center/ rec center to swim for open swim- costs a whopping 50 cents/person to swim! (and that explains their crazy/frizzy hair in the pics below....) Then, it was time to rush home and get things ready for their birthday dinner! No time for a headache- I was doing my best to ignore it, though I did not feel good!

For dinner, they both requested breakfast for dinner and that sounded great to me! We had pancakes, bacon and eggs. They both requested pink and purple cakes.

I always do my best to give them each their own cake and we sing a separate happy birthday song for each girl. Meghan's was purple on the outside and pink on the inside, and Ellie's was the opposite. And don't forget presents!!!

New dress up clothes! I bought a bunch of hats, skirts, and a couple masks after Halloween for a couple of dollars each.
And here, Meghan got a "hamster wheel" for the Zhu Zhu pets that they got for Christmas and Ellie got Trio blocks. Grandma Janet sent these fun magnetic paper dolls- they played with them a long time!!! Ellie has her new lady bug pillow pet with her. They both started asking for pillow pets for Christmas after Santa had finalized his list, so I said maybe for their birthdays. Ellie got the lady bug and Meghan got the puppy dog (though I didn't catch a decent picture of the puppy dog). But, here is Meghan with the magnetic dolls:It was definitely a very good day and I know they enjoyed their birthday. On Sunday, we will have dinner with the rest of the family to celebrate.

Happy Birthday Girls!!!! We Love you!!!!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW- what a fun birthday!! You always make them fun- I love it!
Can't believe it has been 4 years- terrible, huh?!!
Love the fun pics!!

Lauri said...

You must have been shocked when you found out you were having twins. I always thought I'd love to have twins but then I realized how difficult it would be and was so glad it never happened.

Jenn said...

How sweet! You're such a good mommy to make their day special even when you didn't feel good. Happy Birthday girls!

Autumn said...

So cute!!! Happy bday to them!!