Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Friday, January 21, 2011

In Your Face, Winter!!!

Anyone who knows me well knows that I hate winter. I really really do. I hate the cold and the wind and bundling up. Sure, there are nice things like the pretty fresh fallen snow and lazy snow days, but then there is the cold and slushy melting snow- just yuck! Well, tonight, I enjoyed laughing in Winter's face and letting it know it wasn't going to keep me down!

Every month, I attend a meeting for the local Mothers of Twins club. I look forward to these meetings for the night out to talk to other twin moms and we often go out to eat afterward. As the snow began to fall today and then continued to fall, I knew the meeting was in jeopardy. My family was encouraging me not to brave the roads after 4 inches of snow fall, but my friend Amy and I were determined to go if it was still on in an effort to combat our cabin fever.

Sure enough, the meeting was canceled. We were very disappointed and decided we would go out anyway and would just stay on our side of town. We went to a yummy dinner at Olive Garden and just drove slowly- I never went over 25 MPH on wide 4 lane roads. After dinner, we decided to go see a movie. Why not?? We were already out! We chose to see "Little Fockers" (which, by the way, was pretty funny- crude and dumb at times, but still entertaining). While we were waiting for the movie to start, we walked to the neighboring Bed Bath and Beyond store. I had just been complaining about how sad it is that I have been a mom for 9 1/2 years and we do not own any sleds! I never think about it until mid winter and then they are gone! Well, wouldn't you know it- they had sleds!!! So, I solved our problem and bought a few.

After the movie on the way home, we decided (at 11:30 pm...) that we should test those sleds to be sure they would work properly! We stopped at a near by sledding hill and- well, lets just say- the sleds work great! Ha ha ha! Oh my! What a laugh! It was soooo cold! We only went down twice and took pictures and our gloved fingers were painfully sore from the cold. Here are the pictures to prove our craziness:
Was in dumb to go out in the freezing cold bad roads when we didn't have too? I don't know- maybe- but you know? It was so worth it!!!! It was just what I needed and we laughed so hard and had so much fun! So, my message to Old Man Winter- "Ha! You won't keep me down!" Now I'm gonna go take a warm shower and climb into my warm bed.....

8 comments:

Amy said...

Was it worth it? ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY IT WAS! (especially since no one was harmed in the crazy excursion).
Thank you for a SUPER FUN evening!
This ranks higher than Krispy Kreme at midnight. he he

Autumn said...

I love it!! Good for you guys!! I haven't seen any of the Focker movies but I have to say when I saw this most recent preview it made me want to see them!!

Kelly said...

That looks so fun! Love that you are willing to brave the cold for a girls night- I would too, by the way!! Looks like the kids will love the sleds too!

Amandean said...

Screw the snow. It was only 4". I think it was a truly wise decision. And a very fun one, it seems! I'm so glad you finally have sleds! You know the boys are going to say someday to the girls, "Well, when we were little we didn't have sleds. You guys were so lucky!" On the other hand, it's rare that Columbus gets enough snow to really do any decent sledding, so you can hardly be blamed!

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

Soooo jealous!
I was totally going stir crazy with cabin fever last night and praying for the twins meeting- just to get out.
I'm so glad you guys got to try out your new sleds! (and also glad to see that I wasn't the only one who bought their first ever sleds this year... lol)

Bylle Morello said...

The BEST memories end up being in situations like that...glad you had a fun night!

everyday katie said...

I'm so proud of you. I got serious cabin fever. And WHAT A RIOT! Sledding is so fun. But you two I'm sure made it even more fun. Two grown women without kids at 11:30pm! That's fantastic!

Glad you stayed safe on those roads.

PS. Wasn't it FREEZING that night? You're crazy!

Maya said...

that sounds sooo much fun!!!!