Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Friday, February 11, 2011

"Mom! We are Making Snow!!!"

A few days ago, Aaron received a package of car parts in the mail. It was packed with those hard pieces of Styrofoam. The boys saw it and got all excited- wanting to play with the Styrofoam or tear it up or whatever. Aaron told them no and so they left it alone. I then took them to the table to start them on their homework. I became totally focused on them and their work and totally had no idea what the girls were doing in the living room- literally right behind me! I turned around and Ellie said, "Mom! We are making snow!!" I could not believe it. There they sat in the middle of the rug- COVERED in little white Styrofoam balls- with those same little balls covering my living room floor. They were rubbing their hands over the Styrofoam to break the little balls loose. Here is the aftermath of the living room:

After the fact, it occurred to me what a much better/ funnier picture it would have been if I had a cool enough head to take a shot of the girls in the middle of it all covered in their "snow" before I brushed them off and sent them out of the room. I admit I am not that cool headed mom that thinks of the camera first. It wasn't until I got ready to start cleaning up, that I thought of it. Oh well. In retrospect, it was a funny site to see these two crazy girls covered in their "snow." I am still finding these little white balls all over, despite having vacuumed a few times!!

Speaking of these two crazy girls, they recently had a hair cut! Ellie has never had a hair cut (with her long curls, I was always afraid to cut it!) and Meghan had only ever had one cut. I put it off because I didn't want to pay for their cuts, yet I didn't trust myself to do it right. (I tried once with Meghan and really messed it up and a professional had to fix it....hence her first hair cut). Anyway, their hair was getting long and straggly- hanging in their faces so I figured it was time. Thanks to my friend Amy for the awesome coupons, we went to get their hair cut. Here is before:


During:



And After:


Ellie's hair doesn't look that much different- I wanted to keep it long because of her curls- but the lady did cut off about 2 1/2 inches!!! It is just more even and cleaned up. Meghan's hair totally suits her spunky personality. She is so adorable with a shorter do. It was a successful trip!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute, cute, cute hair!! Oh, the snow- good luck getting it all cleaned up- it could take years!! ha ha- the fun of having mischievous girls, right?!
Love them!!

Michelle said...

I love their haircuts!!!

Amandean said...

I'm always tempted to take a picture when they do things like that, but I'm pretty sure it would send the message that it was a good thing to do. So maybe it's better that you didn't.