Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Spring Tease

The last few days here in Ohio have been such a welcome relief. It has been sunny with highs in the upper 50's. I think it even went over 60 yesterday. For someone who has been a bit down this winter due to the cold and gray, this has been a much needed reprieve. A light jacket has replaced the bulky coat with hat and gloves. Windows have been opened and the heated seats in my van have gotten a break.

Considering Mr. Groundhog was not scared away by his shadow, many think this is the beginning of our promised early spring. I am longing for spring as much as the next person, but anyone who truly knows Ohio knows that winter isn't near over yet. It will return. Winter is simply allowing Spring to give us a little tease- or a little break maybe to have the strength to hang on until Spring does arrive for good. My lilies are not even poking out of the ground yet, so there is still quite a wait for spring. The lilies will poke up in March sometime but winter really does last until about April around here.

Ohioans need to remember that this is somewhat normal. We usually do get some teaser days in winter, but the cold and the SNOW will unfortunately return. We will get at least one more big snow most likely with more cold temperatures. I am not trying to be pessimistic- just realistic- stating the facts.

Though I want spring at least as much- if not more- than most people, I wouldn't complain to have one more good snow. As I wrote here in this post, I finally bought sleds for my kids but we haven't been able to use them yet!

For now, I am just being thankful for the blessing of this temporary reprieve. I have been soaking up some sun, took the kids to the park, opened windows and smiled. That is what weeks like this are given to us for- for taking a deep breath and being thankful- and recharging our batteries to help us get through the rest of Winter!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Its sad but true. Still, I'll take it!!