Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Well......at least someone cares!!!

Believe it or not, a couple of weeks ago I was "rear-ended" for the 3rd time in 3 years!! Though, this time it was in Aaron's car- his "baby." Thankfully, the damage was super minor. I had pulled up to a stop light at a freeway exit near my home and was waiting to turn right on red. I noticed this lady had pulled up sooooo close behind me. I inched forward to check traffic, but she thought I had actually gone and went to go too and hit me. So, we pulled over and there seemed to be no damage to her car, and only several deep scratches on mine. Knowing Aaron would likely want it fixed, I agreed to exchange information and leave it at that- the damage was so minor, it seemed pointless to call the police.

So, I wrote down her name, address, phone number and license plate number and insurance. She seemed so nice- a lady in her 40's or so- and told me to call her later. Aaron called the insurance and based on what we had, could find no info without the VIN number, which I didn't have. So, we tried to call her- the number was disconnected. We soon found out the address was invalid too. This "nice" woman totally lied and gave us all false information. Un-freaking-believable. The only thing I know is accurate is the license plate number.

We called the police, whose response was telling us to fill out an accident report, but didn't seem very encouraging otherwise. We filled it out and turned it in. We still haven't heard anything from the police, but we know it is in the system because:

I have gotten several calls and letters from different chiropractors and lawyers!

So, this "woman" does not care what she did and the police don't seem to either.... but, hey- at least the chiropractors and lawyers do, right?!?!

Sigh.....

3 comments:

Abbey said...

So sorry you still havent found anything out. The lady that hit was a member of the church I ran into her in the hall today, I knew she looked familiar on Wednesday.

Autumn said...

UGH!! What a pain. But chiropractors like pain--so much that I bet they'd love to help you for free, right?!

Kari said...

Pathetic!