Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Friday, May 27, 2011

It's Here, It's Here!!!!!

Finally, my blog book is here! I finally did it! This was a goal from when I first started writing this blog that I would print it regularly to have a written record of all that I wrote- to preserve the memories I have recorded. 3 1/2 years later, I still had yet to do it. I was determined this year to get it done. So, I did a book through blurb.com that went from the beginning of my blog (March 2008) through Dec. 31, 2010. (My goal will now be to do one ever year.) I am so excited to have it and I LOVE it!!! Here is a sneak peak:
In case you can't read it, it says "Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love" (my blog title) and then says "The Craziness, the Fun and the Love in our Family from March 2008-Dec 2010" It then has my name followed by "Woman, wife, mother, chef, taxi driver, nurse, teacher and chaos manager."

One of the first pages is this:This is the quote I have at the top of my blog, with a cute pic of my kids beside it. Then, there is every post I have written with pictures on glossy pages- here is a couple of my favorites:
This was my post from Easter 2010 which had a ton of pictures, so I have some small beside the text and then a full page next to it.

And then this was from a trip to the zoo with my sister that was so much fun!!! I love how this one looks with the text and then the pics under it.

I am so thankful I am able to have this printed record. It took a while (I think I started working on the book in March!) because the 3 years of posts ended up being about 400 pages of text! Then, when I was finally ready to order it, I noticed some of the pictures had rotated sideways. I couldn't figure out why. When I was in the "edit mode", the looked fine but in "preview mode" just a few were sideways. But, when I did a print through the company, they would come out straight. I emailed the tech support for blurb and let me say they were amazing! They worked with me for a few weeks trying to fix the problem. They were so supportive and kind and helpful and even tried to re-upload my blog for me. I recommend this company just because they were so personable. Despite their many efforts, they could not fix it and recommended I delete those pictures and re-upload them individually. This was a very daunting thought. I feared if I did that, I may never get it done. I also figured my biggest goal here was not perfectly positioned pictures, but a record of my blog so I took a chance (hoping they would print correctly since it printed fine on my computer) figuring it wouldn't matter if a few pictures were sideways. Well, the ones that really mattered (like the one above with the quote) were straight! There are just very few sideways pictures, but they are small. It is so worth it! I love my book and definitely recommend anyone who keeps a blog to do this!!!

4 comments:

Jake said...

(Autumn) This is so nuts. I swear I was thinking of this 10 seconds ago, also last night-then I saw on fb that "its here"--I'm SOOO happy for you and can't wait to see it!!

Kelly said...

I love it! Can't wait to see it in person!! I have ordered 3 blog books so far, and 3 photo books from them, and I have never been disappointed! Love BLURB!!

Jenn said...

I didn't even know you could have this done! That is so very cool! I may have to check that out, thanks for sharing.

Kari said...

So exciting!!! That's been my goal too. I am currently awaiting my first blog book to arrive in the mail!