Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Jacob's Week to Shine!


This week was a VERY big week for Jacob!! Last Sunday, May 1st, he had his first piano recital with his new piano teacher. We were all really excited for it because he had been working so hard and is showing real talent! Unfortunately, it also fell on the day we got our bad news and I was feeling pretty crappy (see previous post if you don't know what I am talking about....). But, we made it JUST in time to hear him play and he did such a great job! He got right up there, played his songs with confidence and gave a great big smile afterward. Here is a picture of him with his piano teacher and some of her other students. Jacob is exactly in the middle in the white shirt. (His teacher is Christine, on the far right in the black shirt. A huge thanks to her for sending me this pic and the following video! Because of the chaos of the day, if not for her, I would have no pictures of it!)

Here is a video of him playing part of one of his songs, "Big Chief Running Bear." For some unknown reason, the whole song did not record, but this gives an idea of what he played:

video

Then, yesterday, Jacob was baptized!! In our church (I am sure I mentioned before when Kenny was baptized), kids are baptized at age 8. We believe that baptism is a commitment to God and children need to be old enough to be accountable for their actions before making that commitment. We believe for most children, that age is 8. We baptize by total immersion and Aaron was able to perform the baptism. Jacob seemed so proud and happy- just shining for his big day. Here is a picture of our family!



I am so proud of him. He is growing so fast and is such a little man in so many ways. He works so hard at school and treats his siblings so well. He is always willing to help at home and adds so much to our family. I love weeks like this when he is able to shine because he deserves it so much. He does have to deal with a minor medical issue which, while not serious, causes a lot of frustration and a lot of time to deal with. The stress adds up after a while. I am so thankful that this week could be all about him in a positive way- between his recital and his baptism. I want him to know how much he is loved and how thankful I am that I get to be his mom. Today, on Mother's day, I could not be more proud.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Congrats to Jacob! He is such a smart and sweet boy and I'm grateful for the time I got to spend with him in Joy school and Primary.

Autumn said...

Congrats to him! What a big fun week!! That piece sounds pretty big!!

Kelly said...

Congrats to Jacob!! Sorry we missed it- I heard it was wonderful!!

Amandean said...

Yay! That's all so great. BTW-is that Sunrise in Bexley? Such fond memories.