Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Grandma and Grandpa Came to Town!! (And Julie is Married Now!!!)

Last Monday (June 6), Aaron's mom and Stepdad, Bob came to visit!! (Life has kept me from posting sooner- but, better late then never, right?!) It was very exciting to see them and visit for a bit. They live in Florida and we had been seeing them at a rate of about once every two years. This actually made the second visit in 2 months!! They brought dinner over (made life easy for me! Thanks!) and we enjoyed a great visit. Here is Ellie cuddling right up to them!!

Jacob put on a piano recital for them!!
We finally got some decent video of him playing, so here are a couple of songs for you to enjoy (Thanks to Grandpa Bob!!!!) Here, is playing "Big Chief Running Bear":

video

And this one is "King Tut":
video

After he finished playing, his shyness took over and he ran off. So, Grandma Janet and Aaron thought it would be fun to try to plink out his songs....
Let's just say....they have nothing on Jacob (he he!)!!! But, it was fun! We also enjoyed a yummy treat that I made- these strawberry tarts!
They were so easy, but sooooo good! All it is is sugar cookie dough baked into a mini-muffin pan. Then, they are topped with a mixture of cream cheese, powdered sugar and whipped topping, then topped with fresh strawberries!!

Then, Janet gave me this blanket she made special just for me!

Isn't it beautiful?? She said she saw the yarn and thought of me and that now whenever I needed my chocolate fix, I could cuddle with this blanket!! I thought that we so very sweet and thoughtful! I have truly had a very hard month- between the miscarriage, and several other things- so I have needed a chocolate fix pretty often! Maybe this sort of chocolate fix (versus the edible one....) will keep me from gaining MORE weight!! We love you Grandma Janet and Grandpa Bob!! We wish we got to see you more often!


IN OTHER NEWS:


My sister, Julie and her boyfriend, Shawn eloped!!! This happened Friday night, June 4th.None of us knew until afterward. We suspected they were going to do it but didn't know when. We are so very happy for them both. This picture isn't the best because she took a picture of it with her cell phone, sent to my cell phone and then I uploaded it from there. Hopefully I will get a bigger picture soon (Julie...hint, hint...)

When I asked her where they got married she said this: They searched on line to find someone and was looking at a certain site of a minister woman who does weddings in her basement. They recognized the background in a sample photo (same as that above) as in the picture of a friends wedding. So, she e-mailed that friend to see if it was the same person. That friend responded and said it was and they had been very happy with their experience. So, they called this minister, made an appointment (they had gotten their license two days before) and got married in her basement!

I am happy to call Shawn my brother-in-law. He is a great guy- works hard, loves my sister and treats her well. Their first baby is due in November (a girl!) and I am excited to meet my new niece. Julie has certainly had her share of trials the last couple years and so she deserves every bit of this happiness she has been blessed with!

Congratulations Julie and Shawn!!!

1 comment:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

What an adventure! (I wish Chip's brother would go an elope. It'd make life so much easier.)


Those tarts look amazing. Drool.