Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

How Long is 10 Years?!

Not very long at all I have come to learn!! I remember the day 10 years ago from today like it was yesterday! 10 years ago today:

- was no doubt one of the scariest but best days of my life

- I learned what it felt like to completely give my heart away.

- I personally witnessed one of the greatest miracles God has given us.

- I understood a little more how my mother feels about me.

- I had more pain then any other time in my life to date, but didn't care!

- I got to hold this perfect little angel for the first time and melt into his blue eyes:
Kenneth James was born 6/16/01 and weighted a whopping 9 lbs 11 oz!! That is huge in it's own right- but considering he was my first, made him seem that much bigger! He was due June 7th, but had no desire to be born so the doctor induced labor on the 15th and he was born the 16th (at 12:06pm). I was in awe at this perfect baby boy God had given me and I loved him instantly and deeper than I had ever felt love in my life. I still thank God for him (and all my angels!) every day!

I simply can NOT believe I have been a mom for a DECADE! Wow! I feel like anyone who has done something for 10 years should be an expert at it by then, but I still feel like such a novice. My kids remind me everyday that there is no such thing as an expert parent- even after 4 kids, I am still learning every day! That is probably why it doesn't feel like it has been 10 years!

Kenny is an amazing kid! He is so sweet and compassionate and always well behaved. He is always helpful and rarely talks back. He is friendly to EVERYONE! I have never seen him treat other kids mean (except his siblings occasionally, but even then, not often!) and he always sees the good in everyone. He is so innocent still- to the point of being a bit naive for his age, but that is okay! I don't really want him becoming like the world or feeling like he has to be like the other kids! He is smart and works hard and, even better, plays hard! I am lucky to be his mother!

He had a great day today! We played at a park this morning and then he went to lunch with Grandpa at Steak-n-shake. My kids have come to look forward to this one-on-one time with Grandpa! Then, this evening, we had pizza (his request), cake and presents!!! I was quite proud of this cake- it was chocolate and vanilla swirl on the inside.
(a baker I am, a decorator I am NOT- I can make things taste great, but not so good at the beautifying part. This is as good as it gets!!!)


Then presents!!!! He got a new bey blade arena and new bey blades (his second set).

Did you know bey blades have been around almost 10 years?! I seriously never heard of them at all until a couple months ago!!! The boys started asking for them after seeing kids at school play with them!

He also got his own Nintendo DSi!!! Now both boys have their own! (Jacob got one for his birthday too- both DSi's I scored used but in perfect condition on Craigslist!!! Love that site!!!)
And of course, a new game to go with it!!!
And of course, there is more fun to come!! Tonight was just a nice, low-key evening together at home. The nice thing about having family so close, is birthdays sometimes go on for a while! We will be celebrating with the family next week!

Happy Birthday Kenny!!! We love you so much!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday, Kenny!! 10 is great!!

everyday katie said...

Ten years is seriously CRAZY! Though I was sitting behind you guys in church a couple weeks ago thinking...Wow. Kenny has grown up a ton. He looks so old. Braces have changed him. He's good looking kid. He looks really cute in those pictures.

And no decorating skills? WHAT?!!! That cake looks GORGEOUS! I have NEVER done that well with piping. EVER.

Kari said...

Very sweet.