Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Monday, June 20, 2011

I Love Dad

Thanks to a little fun, a little crazy and a lot of love, I think Aaron had a great Father's Day! It started with a GREAT breakfast:
The kids are really good about getting up and watching cartoons so sometimes Aaron and I get to sleep in "a little" bit. I got up a little after the kids did and saw this random bowl of cereal (with milk...) sitting on the table. At first I was upset thinking one of the kids poured it and left it to waste. But, when I questioned the kids, Jacob said he made it for Daddy's Father's Day breakfast!! I noticed then that it was sitting right in Aaron's spot at the table. I thought it was so sweet and left it there for Aaron to see. By the time Aaron got up a little later, I estimate it had been sitting there about 2 hours. I showed it to him and he even took a bite- making him a waaaaay better sport than I would have been! But, then I made him a "real" breakfast of bacon, eggs, toast and fried potatoes!

Later, we broke out his Father's Day gift: (which I put together BY MY SELF!!!)
And enjoyed a fire:
And of course.... S'MORES!!!
(This is where the fun and crazy comes in.... imagine 4 kids around a fire, fascinated by the newness of it, a little hyper, and trying to make smore's!!!)

Seriously though, it was soooo fun and I really think we will ALL enjoy this gift!

Afterward, we ALL smelled of smoke, so baths were in order all around. After bathing the girls (hence the wet hair in the photo...) Ellie went into her room and hollered out, "Mom?! How do you spell 'love'?" So I told her and then went to see what she was doing:
I just LOVE this!!! (of course, Meghan had to join the picture too... :)) They are both Daddy's Little Girls!!

Happy Father's Day, Aaron!!! We Love You!!!

3 comments:

paul said...

nice father's day gift

Autumn said...

SO cute--the writing!!!! I love little kid notes! Very sweet. So thoughtful of Jacob too!

Kelly said...

Love it!!