Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Friday, September 9, 2011

4 Year Old Logic

A couple weeks ago, we were driving home and enjoyed an interesting conversation with Ellie (4 1/2).  It just had to be recorded. 

I am not really sure how the conversation started, but we were talking something about how daddy goes to work everyday.  This isn't verbatim, but pretty close.

Ellie: "Daddy do you work everyday?"
Aaron: "Yes, most days I do"
E- "Do you work tomorrow?"
A- "Yes"
E-"Did you work today?"
A- "Yes"
E- "When I get married, my husband will go to work everyday"
Me- "Yes, and what will you do everyday?"
E- "Sit around and watch the news all day!" (Is this what she thinks I do?!)
Me-"Will you have babies?"
E- "Yes"
Me- "What if they get hungry?"
E-"I will feed them"
Me- "What if your house gets dirty?"
E- "Oh, I will clean it!"
Me-"What if your clothes get dirty?"
E- "Oh, ya! I can wash them!"
(so much for sitting around all day watching the news....)
Aaron: "Who will cook dinner?"
E- (said with emphasis...) "MY HUSBAND!"

I love that kid! Sounds like a good plan to me! 

2 comments:

Kelly said...

So cute and what a smartie!

Autumn said...

Haha!!! I love it. Brilliant little girl!

My 9 year old nephew has already decided that he's going to marry a girl who wants to work so she can earn the money!