Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Aaron's Nose Job


For quite some time now, Aaron has been wanting a nose job.  I thought he was nuts- I mean, really, what was wrong with his old nose?!  Every time he would mention it, I would just laugh and roll my eyes and say with all of our expenses, it was just to expensive to even consider and so I never really took him seriously.

Then one day, much to his luck, his dream fell into place.  For FREE- which meant I couldn't argue- even if I did think the whole thing was a little nutty.

I bet you are dying for pictures!!  Here goes.





BEFORE:

(Had you going, didn't I?)

He drives a VW Jetta Wagon.  Which he loves.  However, he always talked about how he wanted to change the nose of the car to a VW Golf nose.  I really don't understand why- just a look he likes.  I thought this sounded silly- why all the work and expense when there was nothing wrong with the current nose?

Well, as his luck would have it- he found (through his internet forums) someone who had a silver Golf that was interested in trading for a Jetta nose!  Go figure, right?  A match made in heaven for sure.  So, one weekend afternoon, this guy with the perfect match came over and they set to work.  It wasn't long before Aaron's car looked like this:


Doesn't look like much of anything, huh?

But, a few hours later, it looked like this...

AFTER:

He is in heaven!  In case you have a hard time seeing the change, here are the two pics side by side:


By the time they finished, it was dark but they wanted to take an after picture of the two cars together so they drove to a well-lighted near by gas station.  Here you can see the Jetta with the Golf nose and the Golf with the Jetta nose.

I may not understand it, but it all worked out- and with not cost except for time and their own labor- and he is a happy boy.  All's well that ends well!

4 comments:

Autumn said...

Fun fun--I was so surprised when you said he wanted a nose job. Really? Aaron? Looks like a lot of work to me but hey if its fun for him...love the pics of the kiddies.

Kelly said...

Hilarious!

Kari said...

Funny. Good to have a happy husband though. =)

Scott Axel said...

Both cars look better!