Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Camping: Boys Vs. Girls



 Friday night, our church hosted a Father/Son camp out at a near by state park.  Aaron and the boys were all looking forward to it.  There was a lot of excitement as we packed them up to go.  The girls however were a little jealous, so we had our own girls camp out together.  Who do you think had the most fun?

BOYS-  Friday night consisted of a campfire with roasting hot dogs, marshmallows, and poking sticks in the fire and other fun activities:

They slept outside in a tent all night long.  Luckily we are having a bit of an Indian Summer, so the days have been beautiful, but the night did get a bit chilly out there in the woods.  But, Aaron packed the air bed and they had sleeping bags and extra blankets so they stayed warm enough.  In the morning, the woke to a pancake breakfast.  And of course boys will play!

How about some good old fashion sibling rivalry?  Yes, this is Kenny and Jacob:
 

Soon after, they came home due to other events going on during the day, but had a great time!!!



GIRLS:  As soon as the boys left, we started our own fun!  We ran some errands at a few different stores, which- while not that exciting- did include dinner at Chic-fil-a!!!  I let the girls choose where we went for dinner and they enthusiastically begged for Chic-fil-a so we went there and they got to play in the play area for a while.  When we got home, we had a camp out of our own- in the living room!!!  We have a small tent that I set up in the living room and they put all their bedding and animals in.  We popped some popcorn and put in a movie, which they watched from the tent:
The girls also slept all night in their tent in the living room (I slept on the couch....) and we were in our warm house!

Saturday, we got up and ate a quick breakfast and headed out the door to our favorite apple orchard!  I was looking forward to some fresh picked suncrisp apples, and these did NOT disappoint!  I know I have said it before, but seriously, there is just nothing better than an apple right off the tree.






So, who had the better camp out?  I think it was a draw!  I am feeling especially grateful this weekend for the opportunities Aaron and I both had to spend some real quality time with our beautiful kids!!

 (PS- for the record, I am NOT liking bloggers new posting format- I am having all kinds of trouble getting the pictures and text lined up like I want, so that is the reason for the space between the pictures....)

2 comments:

everyday katie said...

My favorite weekend of the year was always Father and Son camp out. My mom and I had so much fun. I say GIRLS win!

Scott Axel said...

I use Windows Live Writer for my blog. Free program in Windows Live Essentials and it makes blogging much, much easier than blogger...