Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Welcome, Baby Claire!

This week marked the end of a long wait to meet the newest member of our family.  Julie's baby, Claire, was born this week.  But, before we get to that, first things first.

I never did post about her Shower that we had in October.  What a great day it was!  Emily found a really cool location and it was very well attended!! (over 40 people!)  She was certainly showered with love!  I was so busy with preparations that I forgot my camera, so I had to steal these from facebook (since my dear sisters would rather post on facebook rather than email me the files....). 


I am so grateful for these two women- my sisters are everything to me!




This is Julie with her best friend, Cheryl.






And she was certainly very showered with love!  This little baby will want for nothing!

And still, before we get to the new baby, here are a few other good pictures:



This is Julie and her husband, Shawn

And I definitely must include this one:



Julie's sister-in-law, Beth, with the help of the rest of Beth and Shawn's family, painted her belly this way.  Julie said when she first felt the baby move, it felt like a fish swimming in her belly.

Baby Claire is a true miracle.  Julie has struggled for years with some feminine issues to where we weren't sure if she could conceive or even carry a child.  It was a very happy surprise to find she was expecting.  The first few months of the pregnancy were a little rough with some complications, but after that, the end of the pregnancy went pretty smoothly.  Unfortunately, it does seem as if this will likely be her only baby but Julie is just thrilled and thankful to have Claire.

Speaking of, I will now finally introduce this sweet little girl:


Claire Love, born November 8, 2011 at 8:59 am.  8lbs 8oz and 20 3/4 in long!  Isn't this picture just about the most adorable ever?!  Loving the head full of dark hair!

Here are a few more fun pictures:



The proud mama!




The proud mama and papa, Shawn and Julie!  (She will kill me for these later, but she really looks pretty good for having just had a c-section!)




Grandma Sara (my mom)  holding her new granddaughter!




Grandma Brenda (Shawn's mom) holding her new granddaughter!




This is Calysta, Julie's 15 year old step daughter, holding her new baby sister!  Calysta has been a great big sister-  she lives with her mom in Arizona but couldn't wait to come to Ohio to meet her new sister.  She has been a lot of help caring for her!


These are just minutes after she was born:



She is just perfect and healthy and so sweet!  Claire hasn't been too into breastfeeding yet, but Julie is working with the lactation consultants trying to get things to work.  Julie also had a rough first few days physically, but is doing better everyday.  Other than this, everything has been going great!

I am thankful that I have had the time to spend a few hours holding my sweet little niece.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What a beauty!! Love those pictures- what a gem! Julie looks amazing and what a blessing! Congrats to all!!

Erika's Site said...

That is a seriously pretty baby. :-) Congrats! She was a cute pregnant lady too.