Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Friday, December 16, 2011

In Loving Memory

 Aaron's Grandfather, Elver Jay, (referred to as "Papa" by Aaron and siblings) passed away Tuesday.  He is a great man and is very loved and will be very missed.  Here is a portion of the obituary.  I left out the areas with locations and names mentioned for privacy's sake.

"Elver "Jay"
1928-2011




Elver "Jay",  83, went home to be with his Lord and Savior on Tuesday afternoon, December 13, 2011 at his residence in Pensacola. He was born on November 12, 1928 and raised in Columbus, OH.

Jay retired from Rockwell Intl. and was a veteran of the Air Force and an avid singer. He was a member of the Masons. Jay was also a member of the Scottish Rite, and a member of the Aladdin Shrine Temple where he was an active member of the Chanters and the Jesters units.

He was preceded in death by his wife, Joann."   


Aaron's grandmother passed away in 1991.  Aaron and I did not meet until 2 years later so I never got a chance to know her but the family always speaks of her with such love and wonderful memories.  I know she was an amazing woman and that "Papa" loved her dearly.

Papa was also a very good man and loved by everyone.  I am thankful I got to know him, if even just a little bit.  He welcomed me into the family from the very beginning and was kind to everyone. In these last few years, Papa's health steadily declined to where he was recently constantly in pain and very frail.  While I know we will miss him and it is sad, I am also grateful that he is free from his pain.  I know he is in heaven right now dancing and free- enjoying a joyous reunion with his sweet wife that he has missed for so long.

Unfortunately, since he lives in Florida, my children have only gotten a few opportunities to meet him.  I think the last time they saw him was in June 2007:


 
This is Papa, Chuck- Aaron's dad, Aaron, Kenny (age 6), Jacob (Age 4) and Ellen and Meghan (5 mos).  Kenny remembers him but I don't think Jacob really does and the girls were obviously just babies.   I just wish that our children could have known him better because I know they would have loved him!  Aaron and his dad have been able to get down there a couple of times in the last year or so to see him and I know Aaron is so grateful for the opportunity that he had to spend a little time with him. 

Good-bye, Papa- till we meet again, because I know we will!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

So sorry for your family's loss of a wonderful man. I too know you will see him again!