Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Through the Eyes of a Young Child

Today we were at my sister's (Julie) house.  She watched my girls for me for a couple hours while I ran an errand and we were visiting for a bit when I returned.  As usual, we were marveling over her sweet little baby girl, now two months old!

It made Julie want to look at the baby pictures of her other nieces and nephews and compare them to baby Claire.

While looking through the book, we also saw her wedding pictures when she married Jorge in November 2000.   As many may remember, in November of 2009, her world came crumbling down and the rest of us felt our world strongly shaken when Jorge announced he was having an affair and was leaving the marriage.  What a horrible time that was for everyone, but so very dark for Julie.    The girls adored Jorge- he was truly a favorite for them.  They were just about 3 at the time and asked for him often, wondering where he had gone. I did my best to explain in simple terms, but they really missed him.

Of course, the story has a happy ending-  Julie found true love again and married Shawn, a very welcome addition to our family.  November 2011, they welcomed sweet Baby Claire.  Jorge may have shattered her world, but she has since built a much better, much happier world.  We have all said good riddance to him.  I have not talked to him since before the split and I hope I never run into him.

So, back to today.  When Ellen and Meghan saw the wedding pictures, they kept asking why Shawn wasn't in the pictures.  Julie explained that these pictures were when she married Jorge.  Julie said, "You remember Jorge don't you?"  The girls both said no, they did not.  They had no idea who he was.  It then occurred to me that- being not quite 3 when he left, that enough time had passed in their little lives that he had disappeared from it completely. 

Jorge really seemed to love my girls and they adored him.  But, that is another loss from him! Too bad, so sad- Good-bye and Good-riddance!  Even the girls no longer remember you, you are through!

No comments: