Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Wonderful Weekend for a Wonderful Boy

Again, I seem to have taken a sabbatical from this blog.  The desire has been there but I have been unusually busy again with nothing of particular interest to write about so time slipped away without a post.  However, I can not believe I allowed more than a week go by from a very important date without recording it.  Jacob turned 9 on April 6th, which was Good Friday this year!!  I know I say it with each of my kids birthdays, but I really can't believe he is 9.  Time flies by a little faster with each passing year!  We made sure to celebrate the day with lots of fun!

Jacob requested we go to Chuck E Cheese for his birthday.  We don't go there often at all and it had been a very long time so we figured it was worth it to go.  We usually have pizza on Friday's anyway!  (Sometimes homemade, sometimes freezer, sometimes delivery)  We truly had such a good time together as a family!  My kids are so much fun!  Sometimes their endless energy stresses me out and they always seem to be bouncing off the walls, but this is one of those times when their energy energized me. 


We of course had lots of  pizza!!

And the kids all got tokens and played plenty of games!

 
 
 



We even got to snag this shot with Chuck E himself, while Ellie models the vampire fangs she got with the tickets she won.



We even did cake (Jacob requested Chocolate!) and presents there which saved the clean up at home. It was wonderful!



 


And, as is usually the case, he got to celebrate twice when we had the family over for a cookout the next day on Saturday!  We were blessed with a wonderful warm and sunny spring day which allowed for a nice cookout, the use of our fire pit and kids playing outside- something we don't always get to do with his birthday in early Spring!
(I love this picture... it looks like everyone is seriously contemplating this cake like it has great importance to it (again, he wanted another chocolate cake! He is my kid!) except for Meghan and Grandma Debbie who are smiling!)















Jacob's talent at the piano has grown so much and he was excited to show off to all of the family!  His most recent piece he is working on is the Harry Potter theme that he has picked up so quickly!

 
Jacob is truly and amazing kid and I love to celebrate happy things with him.  Things aren't always easy for Jacob with some things that he faces, but he is truly a fun and intelligent boy and he makes me smile every day.  He has a passion for learning and for understanding the world.  He loves to play and loves to read.  He adds so much to our family and is so very important to us.  Happy Birthday, Jacob- we love you so very much!!!


His birthday fell on Easter weekend of course.  Between grocery shopping, party preparation, celebrations, house cleaning, planning a Sunday school lesson and baking for Easter, it left so little time to really reflect on the coming holiday.  In fact, we barely had time to color eggs before they kids went to bed Saturday night!  But, we got it done and the kids enjoyed their Easter baskets and we really enjoyed church on Sunday and the calm we felt as we were finally able to breathe and reflect on that glorious day and what it means.  I am grateful for this gospel where our kids are growing up learning the true meaning of Easter.  Here is my beautiful kiddos before heading out the door to church on Sunday:


Because of all of the business, I was feeling bad that my children did not get to experience an Easter egg hunt over the weekend.    But, my awesome sister came to the rescue.  She hosted Easter dinner this year and she even put on an Easter egg hunt in her yard! The kids were so thrilled and had a blast!


Meghan is all business... focused and searching hard with Jacob right on her tail searching too!

Here she counts her loot, trying to put the eggs back in her bag with the wind blowing!
 
 
 Kenny and Ellie also enjoyed the action.

So, it was a completely exhausting but very good weekend.  I was so exhausted by Sunday night that I declared Monday would be a pajama day- and that is exactly what I did. It was spring break for the kids and I did not get out of my pajamas and took time to read and relax and recoup.

There has been a lot on my mind these last couple of weeks that I will write about throughout this next week or two.  Stay tuned for the following topics:

- Jacob's recent medical issues (the good, the bad and the new)
- I did a product test and was on the news!!!
- My thoughts on being a stay at home mom- especially as my girls get ready to head off to Kindergarten
- Trouble with getting them INTO Kindergarten and the fact that we will soon start trying very hard to move.

But, this post is forever long already and these are posts for another day that I will work on very soon.

2 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

lots going on!

What a fun mom you are. I don't know if I'd be able to survive a Chuck E. Cheese birthday party with the kids. :)

We need to catch up :)

Kelly said...

OH, Chuck E. Cheese- how I will never visit you! You are brave and such a fun mom to take them there!! Glad they had such fun!
Love the Easter pics too and cannot wait to hear all that is going on with you.