Always Crazy, Always Fun, Always Love

Ray Romano once compared life with twins to living in a frat house. As he put it, "no one sleeps, there is a lot of noise and a lot of throwing up." I find this very true with 4 young children, including twins. However, though things are always crazy, we always try to have fun and, most certainly, always love each other.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Our Feathered Tenants


I seriously don't know why I haven't blogged about this until now.

Last fall, we entered into the world of Landlord-ship.  It has been a learning experience and, so far, thankfully mostly positive.    But we have found that even in our new home, we are hosting tenants here as well.

The feathered kind.

We noticed them not too long after we moved in- definitely by the fall, but for all we know, they could have been here all along.  Two birds (the second identical to the one here), have taken up residence in the upper corners of our porch.

I tried to get a picture of the second one, but he was a little more camera shy and took off before I snapped it- this one obviously is quite the opposite and chose to pose! (I have no idea what kind of bird this is, so any one who knows can feel free to educate me!)

But seriously, for months now, these two birds (I am assuming it is the same two birds...) leave and fly wherever during the day- probably hunting for food and doing other such bird errands.  But virtually every single night, they arrive back here, each in their own corner, to sleep. They have not built a nest, or anything else- they just sit and sleep every night. The only time we noticed them gone was after Aaron put up Christmas lights, they disappeared for a few days.  They must have been unsure as to what was going on.  But, they came back and must have decided the lights weren't so bad.

So, as far as tenants go, they aren't so bad.  They feed themselves and make no noise- we hardly know they are there!  Though, it would be nice if they would clean up after themselves a bit.....

3 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

Last time I wrote a blog post about birds, one of Chip's old art teachers-turned-close-family-friend decided that I am now a birder..... like he is.

He's hooked me up with a birdin' book and every time I've been to PA since then, all he will talk about with me is birds (of which I pretty much am not obsessed with)...

So why do I write this? Just as a warning. Write about birds and the birders will come and find you. HA!

p.s. how weird is it that they sleep in separate corners w/o a nest?! Odd.

I HEARD YOU said...

you have a nice blog.. keep it up:)

Fahad Naseer said...

Which Car you want..? Here is a best list of Cars and Vehicles, Hot Vehicles, Strange Cars, Super Cars Model, Funny Cars, Car Latest Models, Cars with Girls, Cars like helicopter and Most Speed and Expensive Cars
WorldLatestVehicles.com